- This event has passed.
Multi stakeholders Policy Dialogue on Indigenous Food Farming Promotion
On August 19, 2023, In the gracious presence of the deputy speaker of Bagmati province, parliamentarians, mayor, district secretary of RID 3292, a wide range of agriculture subspecialists, medical professionals, policy experts, Rotarians, farmers, and consumers, a multi-stakeholders dialogue was held in a format of structured view sharing on the contextual presentations on behalf of co-organizers namely RC Jawalakhel and Raithane Agriproducts Pvt. Ltd. In the span of two and half hour long dialogue, versatile views were showered hitting the afore to protect and promote indigenous organic food products. The details of the raised points have been well noted to prepare a master document to be submitted to the concerned government and non-government institutions. The program has been well covered by the media as well reflecting the gravity of this program. The outcome of the event is as below:
- Politicians and people representatives publicly committed to carrying the agenda
- Bagmati province will incorporate these points in the upcoming agriculture law being drafted
- Media realized this agenda as the agenda of public interest
- Local governments are encouraged to promote local food in the regular school tiffin in the community
- Experts appreciated the multiplicity of expertise in the subject matter
- Rotary extended into the new arena under the focused area of economy and community development
On behalf of the RC, we express our sincere thanks and gratefulness who have taken active participation and valuable feedback. We are planning to continue such kind of multi-stakeholder dialogue in the coming days too .